Infinity built their Kappa Series speakers with improved technology and high-end materials to provide you with outstanding sound reproduction. The Kappa 680.9cs component speaker system features 5″x7″/6″x8″ woofers with responsive woven glass-fiber cones that won’t flex during a hard workout. The Plus One design offers a larger surface area for improved low-frequency output and efficiency, while longer voice coils add a little more punch to the bass. Large magnets keep the woofers running cooler by placing more steel close to the voice coils to act as a heat sink.
Textile dome tweeters
Infinity uses the same textile dome tweeters found in many of their popular home speakers with this Kappa system, so you’ll hear the music the way it was recorded with minimal coloration or distortion. The tweeters handle down to 2,500 Hz, almost an octave below the tweeters in many systems, so you’ll hear more definition and detail, no matter where you sit. Infinity includes mounting hardware to install the tweeters in custom or factory openings.
Premium crossover networks
The computer-optimized outboard crossover networks employ audiophile-grade components to separate highs and lows, so that the woofer and tweeter work together perfectly. You can attenuate tweeter response by 6 dB to get the perfect sonic balance if you’ve mounted the tweeters in a less-than-ideal factory location.
Pre-wired crossovers eliminate a time-consuming step in your installation, and terminals at the end of the crossover wires screw directly to the Kappa woofers and tweeters, leaving no chance for incorrect wiring.
- 5″x7″/6″x8″ component speaker system includes woofers, tweeters, and crossovers
- True Four Ohm Impedance technology: speaker’s 2-ohm impedance combines with speaker wire impedance for a 4-ohm load
- Plus One® woven-glass-fiber woofer cone with hi-roll rubber surround
- 1″ ultra-high frequency textile dome tweeter with I-Mount™ and Starfish™ for multiple mounting options
- 2-way external crossover network with tweeter level adjustment
- direct-connect crossover dongle
- power range: 2-90 watts RMS (270 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 40-35,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 93 dB
- woofer top-mount depth: 2-1/2″